Become a Friend of ARP
Last year, we had over 160 of you become Friends. Thank you so much for helping us. We do hope you will think about becoming a Friend again this year.
We would like you all to become a Friend of the ARP by committing to an annual subscription of £10 per adult. This will ensure you continue to receive our emails, newsletters and any news before it appears on the website, Facebook or Twitter.
You will be given a card with your name on. This card will enable you to participate in Aylsham Roman Experience August 2018, for which there will be a charge, but at a reduced cost. Some of you may not wish to dig, sieve, wash etc, but simply be a part of the ARP.
You will be able to come along and have a look at what’s been found, have a guided tour, buy one of the promotional items we will have on sale, at any time you like during August. The cards can be picked up from any of our events or during August itself.
Participate in the Aylsham Roman Experience August 2018
Those of you who become Friends of ARP will be able to participate in the three weeks for £20 per adult and £10 per child under 16. Please note, all children must be accompanied at all times.
W/B July 30th – Preparation week, W/B 6th/13th/20th August – Participation weeks Mondays to Fridays
There are different activities to become involved in.
● Digging, sieving, washing – no need to explain these!
● Drawing and recording – you may like to do more archaeology with guidance from Britannia Archaeology
● Photography – shots of what is happening during the day, some to go onto Facebook etc
● Video – again, short sequences recording what is going on
● Acting as a tour guide – help to take people around and explain what is going on
● Welcome tent – meet and greet – we will need people to sign in those who come each day, hand out the Friends of ARP cards, gather groups for tours
● Welcome tent – shop – we also need people to sell merchandise and collect donations
For those who do not become Friends of the ARP, but wish to turn up on the day, the charge will be £10 per day for adults and £5 per child under 16. Should you wish to just come and visit, we would ask a minimum of £1 per person per visit.
We do hope you feel you will be able to join us. For full details on how to pay and get involved, click here to open the March newsletter which will tell you everything you need. If you have any queries or want further information, please email us at email@example.com