Check the calendar for any future events, scroll down to read about them
August 2018 Aylsham Roman Experience How much longer do we have to wait?
Saturday and Sunday June 9th and 10th 2018 Woodgate Nursery Garden Show
Bigger than ever and we will, of course, be there! Name the Bear, Tombola, Bric-a-Brac, chance to buy your ARP shirts etc., chance for a chat, chance to sign up as a Friend, chance to sign up and take part in August. Make sure you come and see us!
Participate in the Aylsham Roman Experience August 2018
Those of you who become Friends of ARP will be able to participate in the three weeks for £20 per adult and £10 per child under 16. Please note, all children must be accompanied at all times.
W/B July 30th – Preparation week, W/B 6th/13th/20th August – Participation weeks Mondays to Fridays
There are different activities to become involved in.
● Digging, sieving, washing – no need to explain these!
● Drawing and recording – you may like to do more archaeology with guidance from Britannia Archaeology
● Photography – shots of what is happening during the day, some to go onto Facebook etc
● Video – again, short sequences recording what is going on
● Acting as a tour guide – help to take people around and explain what is going on
● Welcome tent – meet and greet – we will need people to sign in those who come each day, hand out the Friends of ARP cards, gather groups for tours
● Welcome tent – shop – we also need people to sell merchandise and collect donations
For those who do not become Friends of the ARP, but wish to turn up on the day, the charge will be £10 per day for adults and £5 per child under 16. Should you wish to just come and visit, we would ask a minimum of £1 per person per visit.